Asterisk 17.0.0 is Now Available!
Asterisk, a free and open source framework sponsored by Digium for building communications applications, recently released Asterisk 17.0.0 during AstriCon 2019!
What has been updated in Asterisk 17.0.0?
This version includes several fixes reported by the community. Asterisk 17.0.0 also adds new features and functionality including:
- AttendedTransfer – queue up attended transfer to the given extension
- BlindTransfer – redirect all channels currently bridged to the caller channel to the specified destination
- ConfBridge – Add “average_all”, “highest_all”, and “lowest_all” values for the remb_behavior option
- Dial – Add RINGTIME and RINGTIME_MS variables
- RTP/ICE – indicate that you’d like an ice-host-candidate’s local address to be published as well as the mapped address.
- ReadExten – add “p” option to stop reading extension when you press “#”
- DUNDi – now supports IPv4/IPv6 dual binding
- MWI – allows subscriptions to voicemail boxes using “presence” events
Asterisk 17.0.0 is now available for download at https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk
See all updates here!
Have you tried Asterisk 17.0.0? What’s your experience? Share with us!
The post Asterisk 17.0.0 is Now Available! appeared first on VoIP Insider.